Job Description - The Role
- Division: Engineering Division
- Term: Permanent
- Hours of work: Full time, 39 hours a week
- Grade: £24,000 - £29,000 dependent on experience
We are currently looking for a suitable candidates to fulfil the role of Product Group Engineer within Sony Pencoed. This varied and challenging role will work with the small team of product engineers responsible for ensuring a smooth introduction of new products into the Sony Pencoed operation, providing co-ordination and technical support throughout the product life.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Project Management
- Technical Product evaluation & assessment
- Technical Investigation/Fault Finding
- Technical Report Writing
- Customer Liaison
- Analytical analysis of test data & production processes (SPC, Six sigma etc)
- Delivery of technical Training lectures
- Input to Design for manufacture
- Responsible for presenting/chairing and coordinating progress review meetings with all departments and ensuring clear communication between all parties.
The successful candidate must have a strong technical ability and will be expected to gain a deep understanding of product operation as well as a thorough knowledge of the manufacturing process/workflow. The engineer is also required to gain “hands on” technical experience with the product to ensure he or she can carry out investigations and evaluations of the product whenever necessary. Whilst some training will of course be given, the successful candidate will be expected to have the ability to research and gather knowledge on the operations and processes relevant to their products.
- A knowledge of electronics and electrical systems, as well as technology in general.
- Appreciation & understanding of high level programing languages (C, Python, Visual Basic etc…)
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing and assembly processes an advantage
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership of tasks
- Willing to travel internationally
- Able to work as part of a team and have strong communication skills.
Salary and Benefits
- It is anticipated the successful applicant will have an HND or Bachelor’s degree in a technical (preferably electronics biased) discipline
- A competitive salary
- Generous Company pension scheme
- Opportunity to receive a target related annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave in addition to public holidays
- Onsite gym
- Onsite, secure car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Access to discounted Sony products
- Private health care (subject to service)
Sony UK Technology Centre
Nature of Business:
Pencoed Technology Park
Sony UK Technology Centre
To apply for this role please submit a tailored CV to PencoedVacancies@eu.sony.com